US-Singapore Summer Exchange Scholarship
The US-Singapore Summer Exchange Scholarship Programme commemorates the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Singapore and the US in 2016. The scholarship programme seeks to strengthen the excellent relations between Singapore and the US by deepening people-to-people ties. The scholarship programme will promote greater interaction and mutual understanding between the next generation of Singaporeans and Americans, by allowing recipients to attend a university summer exchange programme in each other's countries.
The scholarship programme is jointly funded by the Government of Singapore and US companies and organisations (listed below).
Terms of Scholarship
- Each recipient will receive up to S$10,000 under the scholarship programme
- The scholarship will provide funding support for tuition, accommodation, airfare and subsistence allowance
- The student will bear any cost in excess of S$10,000
- There is no bond imposed by the recipient by the Singapore Government
- The Singapore Government may, at its discretion, waive any of the conditions of the scholarship
- Applicants from the Singapore University of Technology and Design must be Singapore citizens
- Applicants from partner US universities must be US citizens
- Applicants should be enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree awarding course
- Eligible SUTD students will be invited to apply for the scholarship
- Eligible US students will be nominated by partner US universities for scholarship consideration
- Among others, applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Co-curricular records and community involvement
- Essay response
- Applications should be submitted directly to SUTD
- The decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the selection of the scholarship recipients is final
The scholarship programme will be jointly funded by the Government of Singapore and US companies and orgranisations, namely, Applied Materials, Becton Dickinson, Mastercard and Micron Foundation.
Applied Materials, Inc is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into realities. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future. Learn more at www.appliedmaterials.com
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD’s 40,000 associates in 50 countries work with customers to help enhance outcomes, lower health care delivery costs, increase efficiencies, improve health care safety and expand access to health. bd.com
Mastercard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MastercardAP and @MastercardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
In support of Micron Technology’s global semiconductor operations, the Micron Foundation is engaged in supporting educators, students, and our locations by creating and providing for STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education opportunities in our schools and communities. For more information about the Micron Foundation, visit www.micron.com/foundation