Tuition fees for existing students admitted in AY2013 are as follows:
||Subsidized Tuition Fees
||Singapore Permanent Residents
|Per academic year
SUTD adopts a cohort-based fixed fee model whereby the tuition fee for a cohort intake will remain unchanged throughout the normal candidature of students. However, tuition fees for every new cohort are subject to change from year to year.
The tuition fees do not include miscellaneous fees (click here), hostel fees (click here) and living expenses.
Please note the following for tuition fee payment:
- Students are required to pay fees for 8 terms (i.e. normal course duration).
- All fee amounts quoted here are based on the subsidised fees payable by students who take up the Tuition Grant (TG) scheme.
- For Singapore Citizen students and Singapore Permanent Resident students paying subsidised fees, Goods and Services Tax (GST) on the tuition fees is subsidised by MOE. The fee amounts quoted here are exclusive of GST.
- GST subsidy for International Students is withdrawn from the AY2016 intakes and beyond. International students will be liable to pay GST on their tuition fees payable. The fee amounts quoted here are inclusive of GST.
- For students paying non-subsidised fees, GST on the tuition fees is to be borne by students.
- Students who do not sign the Tuition Grant Agreement or who are not eligible for the tuition grant will have to pay non-subsidised tuition fees.
- Citizenship changes which result in tuition fee rate changes will be effected in the term only if email notification (together with Singapore NRIC or collection slip) to Office of Student Administration is received no later than the end of Week 2. Notification received/issue date after Week 2 will have the revised tuition fee effected only in the following term.
National Servicemen, whose enrolment into SUTD is delayed due to their national service obligations in Singapore, will pay the prevailing tuition fees at the time they accepted their offer of admission. If the National Serviceman does not accept the place first offered and accepts offers in the subsequent years, he will pay the tuition fee effective in the later year of offer which he has accepted.
Fee Billing and Payment Modes
Students will receive their bills no later than third week from the commencement of each term and payment is due 30 days after billing date. An email notification will be sent to the student's SUTD email account when the bill is ready. Students will be able to check their bills via the SUTD Student Portal. A penalty of $50 will be imposed for late payment.
Students are able to pay their bills via cheque, cashier order, demand draft, NETS, credit card, GIRO, DBS/POSB ATM, DBS/POSB internet banking and eNETS via the SUTD student portal.
For billing related enquiries, please write to email@example.com or call +65 6303 6888.
Students who apply for leave of absence or leave SUTD, either through withdrawal of their own accord or termination of candidature by SUTD, after two weeks from commencement of each term will be liable to pay fees for the entire term. Requests for refund will not be considered.